Our company is special, it is family, it is nurturing, it is a safe place, it is where girls can come as they are and feel valued.
We have a great team of leaders that are invested and committed to the work of Girls’ Brigade and to support each of our members. We provide a varied weekly programme on Monday evenings from September to April for girls aged 3 to 18. With the focus of sharing the love and kindness of our Lord and Saviour using the motto of The Girl’s Brigade to “Seek, Serve and Follow Christ”.
After consulting with our church leadership, we are delighted to confirm that Woodlands Presbyterian Girls’ Brigade will be starting back from Monday 4th October 2021.
You will understand that we have had to adapt our routine to meet COVID-19 guidelines and church requirements to ensure that all precautions have been taken to keep all of our girls and leaders safe. It is our prayer that these are short term measures, and we can get back to more normal routines, soon.
Follow us on www.facebook.com/wearewoodlandsgb
We have five sections that the girls are divided into:
Meeting Times: NB. Subject to change
- Tinies – 6.00pm – 7.00pm
- Explorers – 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Juniors – 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Seniors – 7.45pm – 9.00pm
- Brigaders – 7.45pm – 9.00pm
Meet the team
We are very excited for this coming year for what God is going to do in Woodlands GB. We are praying for each of the girls as they walk through the doors on Monday nights that GB will create an opportunity for us to share the love and joy that knowing Jesus brings. By providing a varied programme, we hope to nurture and equip girls for their future experiences. Each section is run by the following leaders:
- Tinies: Rebecca Robinson and Madeline MacDonald
- Explorers: Jean Bell, Lilian McClelland, Heather Gibson, Jennifer Carson and Catrina Drysdale
- Juniors: Jane Loughins and Lynsey Campbell
- Seniors: Maureen Caddies (First Aider), Amy Wotherspoon and Melanie Boyd
- Brigaders: Carolyn McMaw and Ailsa Railton
- Aid: Courtney Caddies (First Aider)
- Captain: Leeanne Railton
- Chaplain: Leslie Addis
- Designated Child Protection: Brian Ingram
Sign up to Woodlands GB
If you feel GB is something you would like your daughter to be a part of, please know that she will be made very welcome at Woodlands GB and our team of leaders will do everything they can to help them settle into their section as quickly as possible. Each year, all girls and leaders must register to attend on a weekly basis, along with a one-off registration fee of £30 per girl, £50 for a family of two and £70 for a family of three. Payments can be made in one lump sum or by weekly instalments up until 8th November (speak to Leeanne if you want to pay in instalments). You can make payment by Bacs Transfer (Account name Woodlands Presbyterian Church, Woodlands Girls Brigade, Sort code 95-06-89, Account no 60069493 and add the following reference GB Fees and your child’s name): or on the night by cash (place inside an envelope marked with your child’s name) or by cheque (made payable to Woodlands Girls’ Brigade).
Part of this payment goes towards the work of Girls’ Brigade centrally and covers the insurance for your child to be at GB each week. The rest will go towards resources and materials to be used by the girls on a weekly basis, so it is very important that the registration fee is paid. To register please download. If your daughter is new to GB, please do not buy uniform until she has settled in her section for a few weeks. To sign up through our Online Registration, Click Here
Please note: You can check out the GBNI Privacy Notice via www.gbni.co.uk/privacy In Woodlands GB, we collect the data on behalf of the church and only use your data for emergencies, general updates or reminders about GB and the odd promotion of other activities happening around church. We don’t share your data with anyone else. Only the legal parents/guardians can sign the form. Please note if your daughter is aged 13 or over, she will need to sign the form regarding data consent to allow us to process her information. Due to GDPR we are not permitted to keep the consent forms for any longer than needed, however we still need to keep photo consent for future use. We have a text messaging service for those once in a blue moon reminders or emergencies. We promise not to bombarded you with daily texts and feel free to ask to be withdrawn from this service at any point.
- Pray that God will remain at the heart of our GB company and that we keep our focus on Him and His word. Pray that amazing opportunities will arise, that girls will open their hearts to His love and grace.
- Pray that the girls will come faithfully each week and engage in every aspect of GB. That they will feel safe and secure in their surroundings. That they will build in confident and learn new skills. That they will have fun and meet new friends.
- Pray that the leaders will focus on the importance of GB. Just not the practical elements but the real work of GB, that they will continue to have the passion and heart to share the Gospel with every girl. Pray that they will come prepared each week to deliver a fun programme that the girls will enjoy. Pray that God will use their individual gifts and talents.
- Pray for the girl who has not yet heard of GB. Pray that an opportunity arises that someone may tell her about GB and invites her along to Woodlands.
- Pray for our Church Leadership as they guide and support our GB company.
- Pray that God will guides us through these challenge times of planning and preparing for GB each week while managing safety procedures to adhere to Covid-19 guidelines.
If you have any further queries, please email email@example.com.
For more information on the work of Girls’ Brigade, check out the following websites: